Great marriages don’t just happen. Couples create them!
- Happily married and want to deepen their relationship
- Experiencing stressful times and don’t feel like they are going in the same direction
- Don’t feel like they know each other anymore
- Busy and their lives make it difficult to spend enough time alone together
- Take an honest look at yourself as an individual and as a couple
- Explore your relationship with each other, family and society
- Communicate openly and honestly
- Understand, appreciate and rediscover each other
To nurture and support the marriage of a man and woman and their family life by offering an opportunity to experience a deep and loving communication with each other and with God. We also encourage personal self-esteem and spirituality, couple and family relationships and community outreach which affirms the value of marriage in a diverse society. Marriage Encounter fills the necessity of married couples to grow together in the belief that the future transformation of the world begins at the heart of the family ~ the couple.
Twin Cities Marriage Encounter is based on Judeo-Christian concepts, beliefs and morality. Twin Cities Marriage Encounter invites and encourages a married man and woman of all faiths and those of no religious affiliation to share in this experience and to become an integral part of this movement.
The purpose of Twin Cities Marriage Encounter is to assist a couple to discover their marriage through ongoing mutual trust and dialogue. This unique method of dialogue means prayerful, personal reflection and mutual sharing, which leads to an enrichment of the marital relationship and growth of the man and woman as individuals and as a couple. With the family as the fundamental cell of society and the married couple as the heart of the family, the Marriage Encounter experience strengthens families and communities for generations to come.
Twin Cities Marriage Encounter respects and supports the couples as they discover their own dignity, uniqueness, and creativity. It is essential that married couples continually strive to discover the presence of God in their individual and family lives, according to their own beliefs. Marriage Encounter follow-up programs enable couples to continue their growth.